10.4.4#27 qmail-queue-handlers cannot find /usr/sbin/postalias

Discussion in 'Parallels Plesk Panel 10.x for Linux Problems, Suggested Fixes, and How-To' started by SebastianHeld, Apr 24, 2012.

1. SebastianHeld

SebastianHeld New Member

Hello,

after the automatic install of update 27 to 10.4.4 on April 22 4:50 AM, the file /usr/sbin/postalias is absent (or qmail now calls it, without it being installed).
    This creates log entries like this (/var/log/syslog):

These error messages only appear after April 22 04:50:50; thus the microupdate is the cause for it

---------------------------------------------------------------
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
    Linux lvps178-77-103-72.dedicated.hosteurope.de 2.6.18-028stab092.1 #1 SMP Wed Jul 20 19:47:12 MSD 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    10.4.4 Ubuntu 10.04 1013111102.18

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
    10.4.4#27 seems to have removed /usr/sbin/postalias (or starts to call it)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    install 10.4.4#27 and monitor /var/log/syslog or /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

ACTUAL RESULT
    see above

EXPECTED RESULT
    either /usr/sbin/postalias must be installed or the call to this program must be avoided
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need further information?
  2. EgidijusS

EgidijusS Kilo Poster

Same problem. PP 10.4.4 Update #27
  3. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

It is part of Postfix:

# rpm -qf /usr/sbin/postalias
    postfix-2.8.4-11100518

If you have Qmail MTA Postfix package will be removed.
    Did you try to fix it with mchk?
  4. SebastianHeld

SebastianHeld New Member

This did not work:
    It is a new machine and postfix is and was never installed on it (at least not by me).
  5. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

Thank you for report. I have forwarded your request to developers for the further investigation.
    I will update thread with results as soon as I receive them.
  6. Singular

Singular New Member

I too am having the exact same issue after the update.

See below.

OS Linux 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5
    Panel version 10.4.4 Update #27, last updated at April 23, 2012 04:03 AM

Apr 24 10:30:55 --- qmail-queue-handlers[16787]: handlers_stderr: SKIP
    Apr 24 10:30:55 --- qmail-queue-handlers[16787]: SKIP during call 'check-quota' handler
    Apr 24 14:30:55 --- postfix/postalias[17098]: fatal: open database /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual.db: Permission denied
    Apr 24 10:30:55 --- qmail-queue-handlers[16787]: handlers_stderr: postalias: fatal: open database /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual.db: Permission denied

Does anyone even know of a workaround for this? It is killing my email server, it takes forever to process messages with this problem.

Thanks
  7. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

Please do not mix different problems in one thread. You have absolutely other problem:

handlers_stderr: postalias: fatal: open database /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual.db: Permission denied

but not initial:

handlers_stderr: fork_execv: execv("/usr/sbin/postalias") failed: No such file or directory
  8. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

BTW, for both mentioned errors as possible workaround you can reinstall psa-mail-qc-driver package (http://64.131.90.31/PSA_10.4.4/) manually or use postfix MTA.
  9. SebastianHeld

SebastianHeld New Member

10. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

11. Faris Raouf

Faris Raouf Product Expert

Thanks Igor.

Unfortunately I'm getting "You can't see internal articles" when following the KB link. I've seen this in other KBs linked to from the forum too (but I forget which!).
  12. donthateonme

donthateonme New Member

Regarding Postfix

Igor,

Thank you.

I can use Postfix -- could you provide with instructions to transfer the unprocessed queue to postfix after setting it as the default and installed MTA. I want to ensure I do this right as regards to Plesk and Parellels etc. Thanks!
  13. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

Sorry, MU is not ready yet, therefore this article has been disabled.
  14. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

KB article and MU#28 are available now.
  15. donthateonme

donthateonme New Member

Igor please help

IGOR,

I have asked for help repeatedly on this. The internet is full of people who have had issues with Micro Updates breaking qmail. Even after switching to Postfix I cannot receive mail. It also doesn't solve the issue of my existing q needing to be processed.

I am somewhat new to Plesk, you are all over these forums so I know you can assist me.

My prior errors are noted. Switching to Postfix does not solve it for me as I cannot receive mail.

Below are some of the key errors again.

"Messages with bounces" "trouble injecting bounce message, will try later" "cannot read message from stdin" " cannot create temporary file - (13) Permission denied" qmail plesk 10.4.4

If you want me to reinstall the package noted above can you give me detailed instructions. I don't want to break anything further.

Finally, MU #28 seems to address a QMAIL issue, yet when I run mu, the update is not offered, if indeed this fixes the issue, can you please get it pushed out.

Thank you.
  16. donthateonme

donthateonme New Member

Exact Build

IGOR, My exact build is:

psa-10.4.4-cos5.build1013120126.11

How do I get MU #28

After running up, to get microupdates I remain on #27.

product id="plesk" version="10.4.4" installed-at="20120404T155148"
    patch version="27" timestamp="" installed-at="20120424T004518"
  17. donthateonme

donthateonme New Member