How do I customize VZPP screens?

Discussion in 'Installation, Update and Configuration' started by Ross Annetts, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Ross Annetts

Ross Annetts New Member

I want to remove the backups tab and also remove/modify the install Plesk function (since it installs Plesk 8) in the power panel. There is a knowledge base for PIM based service containers at:

http://kb.sp.parallels.com/en/732How do I customize VZCC/VZPP screens

Is there any documentation or can you tell me where the equivalent files are in PVA.
  2. MakcyD

MakcyD Parallels Team

I believe, the answer to this question might be helpful, even though it has been posted almost 2 years ago :)

First of all, the mechanism of screen generation has not changed and Power Panel (provided by pva-pp* packages) still uses XSL processor to generate screens.

The major difference, however, is that now configuration files are located on a hardware node itself and not in Service Container.

General methodology for editing XSL files is the following:

1. Find the screen ID
    [​IMG]

2. Locate corresponding sections in menu.xml and remember its item id:
    Code:
    [root@pvclin47 ~]# grep -A 1 -B 10 "03.02.01.03.03" /etc/opt/pva/pp/pp/menu.xml
                    <item id="management.apps"
                            href="$baseurl/vzdir/infrman/envs/apps?branch=env-home,vzpp"
                            icon="app_management"
                            tip="env_app_setup"
                            cred="vzcp.env.manage.properties.application"
                            security-obj-type="ve.vz.vt"
                            policies="vzpp.deny_manage_templates"
                            ve-vt="vz.vt"
                    >
                            <title>Applications</title>
                            <screen id="03.02.01.03.03"/>
                    </item>
    [root@pvclin47 ~]#
    3. Do the search in dashboard.xml for the item id from previous point:
    Code:
    [root@pvclin47 ~]# grep -A 4  "management.apps" /etc/opt/pva/pp/pp/dashboard.xml
                    <item id="management.apps" href="$baseurl/vzdir/infrman/envs/apps" title="Applications"
                            icon="app_management" tip="env_app_setup" cred="vzcp.env.manage.properties.application"
                            security-obj-type="ve.vz.vt" policies="vzpp.deny_manage_templates" ve-vt="vz.vt">
                            <text>On this screen you can install, uninstall, or upgrade the Container applications.</text>
                    </item>
    [root@pvclin47 ~]#

4. Edit or comment out these sections and do the restart of Power Panel service:
    Code:
    [root@pvclin47 ~]# pvapp restart
    Stopping pvappd:                                           [  OK  ]
    Starting pvappd:
    Starting httpd:

[root@pvclin47 ~]#
    Of course, points 2 and 3 can be swapped - first find the item id by its title\description and then find corresponging item in menu.xml.

As for this particular operation - removing templates management section - there is KB article on this:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/111304

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

3. MonicaH

MonicaH New Member

Hello,

You can download Virtuozzo Container for customized VZPP screen.
    This sensor must be created on a Windows server parent device running Virtuozzo.