How to Create Self-signed SSL Certificate for Dummies?

Discussion in 'PSA 2.0 'How do I' Questions' started by itcme, Sep 17, 2001.

1. itcme

itcme Guest

I would like to have my own SSL Certificates for the Web server and our clients. Any one know step by step for dummies, how to do that (generate public and private keys on Windows 9x machine etc.) and upload it to Plesk? I've read hundreds of pages form SSLevy, FreeSSL and so on. All it did made my head spin. :)

I saw some Web sites showing this step by step for their customers, like http://maine.edu/VM:Webserver/help/certself.html It would be nice if Plesk have something like it.
  2. kark

kark Guest

It's simple. Log in as the admin, go to "server", then "certificate". Fill in the information and press "self signed". Then you should wait a minute or so and tada .. you have your own self signed certificate ready and installed on your Plesk server.

Good luck,
    Kark
  3. itcme

itcme Guest

Thanks kark...

it sound's great... trouble one fore me... I am a client having no access to Plesk server admin, nor to any unix/linux machine... trouble two for me... how do I generate client's certificate?

:rolleyes:
  4. superfly

superfly Guest

Each domain that is given IP-based hosting will have a button called Certificate inside it that is active. If you select this option within the domain and then select Help you will see instructions for creating a self-signed certificate.
  5. superfly

superfly Guest

oh yeah.. and the domain needs to have SSL checked on the Physical Hosting screen. :)