Importing Sitebuilder 4.5 - Unexpected Server Behaviour

Discussion in 'Parallels Web Presence Builder' started by Russell-SchoolsICT, Mar 28, 2012.

  1. Russell-SchoolsICT

    Russell-SchoolsICT Bit Poster

    Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 MU #20 Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen (CentOS 5) 64bit

    When using "Import from Sitebuilder 4.5" function within Web Presence Builder, some attempted imports return the error message "Error. Unexpected Server Behaviour. Please contact the Server Administrator"

    Attempt to import a Sitebuilder 4.5 site

    "Error. Unexpected Server Behaviour. Please contact the Server Administrator"

    Site imports and Web Presence Builder Editor opens showing imported site

    We have about 50 SB 4.5 sites to import to Web Presence Builder (WPB). Over half of these sites have imported OK, but some return this error. We have had one site say that it was not created in SB 4.5, so as we are not getting that specific error for these sites I assume they are all genuine SB4.5 sites (they should be as that is what we are running on the other server). All the sites are coming from the same server. You can create a new WPB site and edit OK, plus edit existing sites OK. So appears different from the other "Unexpected Server Behaviour" post on this forum.

    Any help in pinpointing what the issue might be would be appreciated. One thing that would help, but that I have been unable to find so far, is if and where there are any log files for the "Import from Sitebuilder" routine. I can find the migration logs for the migration of the accounts into PLESK 10.4.4, but no logs relating to just the Sitebuilder Import Routine. Finding them might be a good start in solving this, so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be really helpful.

    Many thanks.
  2. Anton Bobykin

    Anton Bobykin New Member

    Please check following places:

    You can also play w/ debug option of /usr/local/sb/config file:
    debug = on

    Please let us know more on this issue. Thanks
  3. Russell-SchoolsICT

    Russell-SchoolsICT Bit Poster

    Thanks very much for this information Anton - it proved very useful to us.

    When we examined the /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/sitebuilder.log file for a site that would not import, we found an entry that referenced a file that could not be parsed. For example:
    2012-04-05T16:13:29+01:00 [INFO] [System] /sitebuilder/JsonApi/ Removing session params: url is invalid and cant be parsed ::ffff: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2

    We found that this happened for files that had been linked manually (i.e. someone had just browsed and linked to a file manually when creating a link on their website) rather than using Sitebuilder 4.5's built in "File Download" page. If you remove the link to the file within the website, then the import will complete successfully. Obviously, you might then hit another file that can't be parsed - you just have to keep working through the website until you have found and removed all the "bad" links.

Share This Page