Internal error: can't add/edit service plans and can't use bind dns server

Discussion in 'Parallels Plesk Panel 10.x for Linux Problems, Suggested Fixes, and How-To' started by GaborS, Apr 6, 2012.

1. GaborS

GaborS New Member

I got this error message if I'd like to add or edit "service plans".

----
    Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known

Message Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known
    File Configuration.php
    Line 23
    Type PleskUtilException
    ----

And I got this error if I'd like to start the DNS (bind) server (from under Services management).
    Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

Help please!
  2. mconstable

mconstable New Member

I've only just started with Plesk so I really have no idea what your problem might other than to suggest looking at the output of a few of these commands...

3. GaborS

GaborS New Member

The hostname -f was the main problem with this error:
    hostname: Name or service not known
    It has been solved: I wrote the hostname (yp00) into the hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost yp00

But I have two problem already (it's solved too, see at below):

1.) I got this error message from plesk:
    Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration.
    (...and I don't get any email.)

2.)
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
    PHP Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Scheme.php on line 244

WOW, it is solved too!!!
    The solution of the first point is: I go into the Subscriptions and after each of into the exclamation marked two domains, and click to the "retry" (in the error message).
    The solution of second point is: nothing :) the first point solved the second problem as well.
  4. GaborS

GaborS New Member

Hoopps, sorry. So the correct hosts file content is this:
    127.0.0.1 yp00 yp00.example.com localhost

And after I run these commands:
    # hostname yp00
    # domainnames example.com

And now everything is okey! :)
  5. avilalvani

avilalvani New Member

Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

Hi,

I got the same error today. I initially had trouble with the BIND Nameserver to work. I kept getting this error:

DNS (bind) service starting failed
    That was the error message which I got from the plesk:
    Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

After extensive goggling i finally got a very easy solution on the parallel forum. This is the solution:

# /usr/sbin/named -u named -g -d 1
    --> you will get this error: /usr/sbin/named: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/named: undefined symbol: dns_cache_create3

# zypper update bind
    --> Nothing to do.

# zypper update bind-libs
    --> Installing: bind-libs-9.7.4P1-0.2.1 [done]
    --> (THIS IS THE REAL SOLUTION! That was missing.)

# service named start

Everything was working fine until today I got the Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

I still haven't been able to resolve this. I am a Linux and Plesk newbie. I basically get this message when I check the named service status:

Checking for nameserver BIND
    rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused running

Any help on how I can get this problem solved.