1. ZaeemS

ZaeemS New Member

Dear All,
    I am new to plesk and have been given assignment to work on it. I even don't know the version on plesk installed on the server. I have written shell script that takes the MySQL database backup but I don't know root password. Can you please help me to get root password so that I can test my shell script? I even can't login to MySQL using user 'admin' and same password as plesk panel. PLease guide me about it and I will be thankful to you guys.
  2. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

During Plesk installation procedure root mysql account will be renamed to admin. So you can login to mysql with following command:

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
  3. King555

King555 Kilo Poster

I have exactly the same problem. Any solutions?

I already set the Plesk password again, but the MySQL root (admin) PW ist still not the same as the Plesk PW.

I can access the DB via the Plesk phpMyAdmin, but if I access it manually (seperate installation of phpMyAdmin), it does not work.

Edit: mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` works, how is this possible?

I need to backup my databases automatically and I need to set the PW in my script.

Edit 2: I solved the problem for the moment by creating a new user with all privileges. I use this user now for my own phpMyAdmin installation and my backup scripts.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013