New folder in directory "private" on each domain

Discussion in 'Parallels Plesk Panel 10.x for Linux Problems, Suggested Fixes, and How-To' started by Thomas Becker, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Thomas Becker

Thomas Becker New Member

Hello,
    If I create a new domain in Plesk there are created a some folders like httpdocs, conf, cgi-bin, dev, usr, ... and also a folder named "private". I want to have a new folder in the folder "private" which is automatically created when adding new domains. Where is the template or skeleton for the folder "private"?
    Thanks.

Greets
    Thomas
  2. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

Just use /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/ as skeleton.
  3. Thomas Becker

Thomas Becker New Member

Thanks for your reply, IgorG.
    That was my first thought too, but there is no folder "private" in /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/
    That's the reason why I thought there must be another skeleton.

Does it make sense to create a folder "private/my_new_folder" in "/var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/" although there is noch folder "private" ?
    Anyway it is good to know where the folder "private" comes from if not from "/var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/"

Just for those who are searching for that in the forum.
    I need a directory for the session.save_path when using PHP as fastcgi. That's why I need the mention folder.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. IgorG

IgorG Parallels Team

Vhost directories structure will be created according to this skeleton. Therefore you can add directory what you want there and all new vhosts will be created with this added directory according to skeleton.
  5. Alexey.Plotnitsky

Alexey.Plotnitsky Parallels Developers

Since Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now,

Default website file structure (virtual host template) is more clear now.

One can download Plesk 11.5 for evaluation, but it is not for production servers.
    The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread