Parallels Server: No Common CD-ROM drive was detected. OSX 10.5.8/Xserve

Discussion in 'Installation, Update and Configuration' started by NigelM, May 31, 2010.

1. NigelM

NigelM New Member

Edited: remove.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. NigelM

NigelM New Member

Okay,

I've tried calling support again, It seems "Parallels" has cut off all forms of communication with any qualified technical support staff, or any management or anyone who is able to solve this issue. Unless money is paid, There is no support, and obviously this is not a very active forum.

Parallels Staff: If you are reading this you have a serious issue with cutting off customers from communication with your company. Do you expect other users to solve our pre-purchase issues? Your options for commentry, feedback, etc (Option 3 on 1 888 811 2489) take me to the same call center that I reached the first time around, and I have been told the exact above: No support is offered during a 30 day trial.

Well how can you expect to make a sale like this? Why doesn't the CD-ROM drive work with one of the most popular distributions of Linux 64-Bit? Ubuntu Server 10.4 LTS!
  3. stephendeo

stephendeo New Member

I have the same problem i just purchased Parallels 5.0 I've never had any issues with 3.0 and 4.0 until now.