Remote host said: 554 Message refused.

Discussion in 'Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by zimre, Apr 11, 2007.

1. zimre

zimre New Member

In the process of moving to a new server... setup up domain on new server... created mail account that redirects to e-mail address of a different domain located on old server... however, I receive the following error when sending mail to that address:

here's another sample:

The address on my other domain is still active and can except mail from other sources ... for some reason won't except mail from the new server... Any ideas?

------
    zimre
  2. zimre

zimre New Member

The domain also uses a contact form... the form is set to send two messages... one to the webmaster and one to the person filling out the form... when testing the form, I noticed... the person filling out the form receives their copy... however... the webmaster does not receive a copy... instead I receive a mail delivery error message similar to the ones mentioned above.

Though this one says: "550 Sender verify failed"

Also spam messages sent to the domain in question are being delivered to my postmaster address with the error: "Remote host said: 554 Message refused."

Any ideas?
  3. bskrakes

bskrakes New Member

I have had issues like this before to. By adding and SPF record that helped but more importantly having your reverse DNS setup correctly fixed my problem. Are you running your server from home?